The Indian School of Business (ISB) is hosting the ISB Digital Summit at its Hyderabad campus from November 9 – 10, 2012. Speakers at the summit include leading faculty from top global B schools and experts from the Indian technology and industry. The summit is being organised by the Srini Raju Centre for IT and the Networked Economy (SRITNE) at the ISB in association with Jigserv, a digital marketing company founded by an ISB alumnus.
The conference will bring together academics, business leaders, marketers and digital media industry practitioners to discuss the new paradigms in digital marketing, and how it will impact businesses. This Conference will shore up the learning through innovative use of cases from the experienced industry professionals and research insights from internationally reputed academics. Attendees can look forward to understanding the new trends in this domain and figure out effective ways of leveraging the digital medium for their businesses. Some of the prominent speakers include:
• Ajit Balakrishnan, Founder and CEO, Rediff.com
• Amit Mehra, ISB
• Anindya Ghose of Stern School of Business, New York University
• Arun Sundarajan, of Stern School of Business, New York University
• Hari Krishnan, Country Manager, LinkedIn India
• Rajan Anandan, Managing Director, Google India
• Ravi Bapna of University of Minnesota
• Vijay Mookerjee of University of Texas at Dallas
• Vijayanta Gupta, Director Industry Strategy (EMEA), Adobe Systems UK,
• Vikramaditya Sharma, Director, Nielsen Online, India
• Virginia Sharma, Vice President Marketing, IBM India / South Asia
The summit will discuss and debate current trends in digital media, recent innovations, new business models and find effective ways of leveraging the digital medium for both large and mid size companies across verticals. Some of the focus areas include:
• Analytics in the New Mobile Economy
• Measurement of social capital (Trust) through “Strength of ties” on social media
• Advertising strategies for online retailers
• Role of intermediaries in the Digital Media value chain
• Integrated Tools for Digital Marketing
• Digital Marketing Measurement and Metrics
• Digital Self – An understanding of the Digital Presence of consumers and how marketers can effectively align to the same for effective consumer engagement
Registrations are open for a limited number of participants on a first come serve basis. Those interested can register at: http://www.isb.edu/DigitalSummit2012/register.aspx. To facilitate business networking, before, during and after the conference, we have created the conference directory on http://lanyrd.com/2012/digitalsummit2012/.
Organised by the SRITNE, the ISB Digital Summit is in its second year now. SRITNE is a multi-disciplinary research centre aimed at fostering rigorous and relevant ICT centric research, with focus on Management of IT and on the enabling-capabilities of IT for businesses, governments, and society. Research in these areas is aimed at leading to a better understanding of how ICT creates and can create value for business and society.