Karbonn Mobiles, has introduced country’s first budget tablet (Karbonn Smart Tab 1) running on the revolutionary Android 4.1 ‘Jelly Bean’ platform. With this technological marvel, Karbonn Mobiles has become the first company to bring in the latest innovation from the Android world to the Indian technological shores which is touted to be the fastest and smoothest version of Android yet.
By collaborating with MIPS Technologies Inc., who are regarded as one of the leading providers of industry-standard processor architectures and cores for networking, mobile and embedded applications & Ingenic Semiconductor who develop innovative processer technology; Karbonn Mobiles has introduces the world’s first Android™ 4.1 ‘Jelly Bean’ Smart Tab I tablet which incorporates the popular, ultra low-power MIPS-Based™ JZ4770 SoC from Ingenic as its running core and leverages the simplicity and elegance of the MIPS architecture, resulting in features like extremely low power consumption, lightening fast 1.2GHz performance and a high level of functional integration.
To be made available to technology enthusiasts in India who wish to experience the latest from the Android eco-system (Android 4.1 –Jelly Bean), the revolutionary Karbonn Smart Tab 1 will be available at pre-book from the Karbonn home site. In its endeavour to involve the existing consumer base of the Karbonn Smart Tab 1 with the revolutionary Jelly Bean Android platform, Karbonn Mobiles will provide a free upgrade to the consumers from their pre-loaded Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) platform to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) platform. This move, in continuation of Karbonn Mobiles’ surge to become the leading mobile phone player in the global telecommunications market, provides an outreach which is unmatched anywhere in the world.
Intending to capture the yet nascent smart tablet market in the country with its revolutionary offering of industry benchmarks like Android ‘Jelly Bean’ platform and a 17.8cm capacitive 5-point touch screen powered by a 3,700 mAh battery; the Karbonn Smart Tab 1 priced at Rs. 6990/- (MOP) also features a 3D gravity sensor, Wi-Fi and 3G support through USB dongle, along with a 2MP front camera and pre-embedded applications such as the Karbonn Smart Browser and Karbonn Smart games, local apps including the Times of India and Economic Times app, Facebook and much more.
Features of the new Karbonn Smart Tab 1* are:
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean Platform)
- 17.8cm capacitive 5-point touch screen
- 1.2GHz processor
- 3,700 mAh battery
- 3D gravity sensor
- HDMI Support
- Full HD Video playback upto 1080p
- Wi-Fi and 3G support through USB dongle
- Pre-embedded applications – Karbonn Smart Browser & Karbonn Smart Games
- Local apps – Times of India & Economic Times app, Facebook
*Available at pre-book on www.karbonnmobiles.com
Features of the revolutionary Ingenic JZ4770 SoC are:
- JZ4770 SoC is powered by a MIPS32® compatible XBurst CPU designed by Ingenic
- Adopts an innovative ultra-low-power pipelining architecture which consumes less than 90mW in 1GHz (with L1 cache) with the entire SoC consuming ~250mW with the CPU and video engine operating under full load
- The JZ4770 SoC integrates an optimized 1080p video processing engine, OpenGL ES 2.0 3D graphics processing unit from Vivante Corp
- Also integrates numerous on-chip analog and application blocks such as audio codecs and GPS