Building it more like facebook like introducing cover photos for profiles and more focus on twitter like features trending topics.
- Profiles now come up with cover photos with 2 templates to select and photos which cover larger area.
- For multiple page owners and admins, now its become quite easy to manage all your pages, every page you own comes on a single window and you can switch between them with just one click.
- Instead of the static icons at the top a new Ribbon of Icons of home, profile, pages, explore and photos, games etc has been introduced at the left side of the profile. These icons can now be customized to users’ individual preferences. Users can drag up and down the icons on the ribbon and set the order accordingly.
“We’ve also built the ribbon with the future in mind, giving us an obvious (and clutter-free) space for The Next Big Feature, and The Feature After That. So stay tuned.” Google senior vice president Vic Gundotra wrote on Google’s Official Blog.
- The new Explore button highlights activity and posts by Google+ members as a stream of trending activity. This feature is likely an attempt to encourage more users to explore pages and people beyond the privacy of their own circles.
- A dedicated Hangouts page has also been added to the site, so people can have quick access to public and On Air video chat hangouts. This will allow Google+ users to meet new people and watch live broadcasts, as well as enter new rooms via a rotating billboard of Hangouts.
According to the official Google blog “More than 170 million people have upgraded to Google+, enjoying new ways to share in Search, Gmail, YouTube and lots of other places.”
What do you think of the this facelift ? Do you think Google+ will ever be able to compete with Facebook? Let us know in the comments.