I am sure you must have heard about Dropbox, and those who have not used it start wondering what is dropbox? what does it offer? How I can use dropbox? So to answer all these I have written few points for you people in a very simple language. Check them out.
What is dropbox?
- It is the most popular and easy to use cloud storage solution.
- In simple words, dropbox is a online file storage and backup service that allow users to host their files on secure clouds and access them anytime, anywhere.
What does it offer?
- Dropbox offers a free account of 2 GB and paid account of 50 GB for $9.99 per month , 100 GB for $19.99 per month. also offers team account of 1TB or more.
- The Dropbox client enables users to drop any file into a designated folder that is then synced with Dropbox’s Internet service and to any other of the user’s computers and devices with the Dropbox client.
- Users may also upload files manually through a web browser.
- While Dropbox functions as a storage service, its focus is on synchronization and sharing.
- It supports revision history, so files deleted from the Dropbox folder may be recovered from any of the synced computers. I
- You can host your important files on their servers and also share them using synchronization.
- File can be accessed anywhere from mobile phones, pc etc. Your files are always available and no-one can access them without your permission.
- Unlike the other cloud systems, Dropbox doesn’t need a Web-browser interface(although it supports web-browser interface). It will run natively on almost any PC, including Linux or devices running Android or iOS.
- Bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily.
- You dont need to email a file to yourself again.
- You dont need to carry your office presentation in a pen drive.
- Sync Your Music, Access from Anywhere, or Share With Friends
- And many more.
Also:- For every friend who joins and installs Dropbox, you would get 500 MB of bonus space (up to a limit of 16 GB)! paid accounts now earn 1 GB per referral, for a total of 32 GB of extra space.